Another little quiz question.. but really easy

Michael
Archont
Archont
VEKN Nr.:

Re: Another little quiz question.. but really easy

Post by Michael »

Andreas Nusser wrote:Michael! Was wolltest du uns gerade mitteilen? Nichts? Biste Sprachlos
Ich wollte einen Post machen, hab mich dann anders entschieden, alles gelöscht und auf absenden gedrückt ...
EDV-Ler beim bedienen eines Forums halt.

from the rulebook of Junta:
"Preparation: write 1000 times: "It's only a game" on a piece of paper"
Andreas Nusser
Site Admin
Site Admin
VEKN Nr.:

Post by Andreas Nusser »

the scavenger wrote:
Tobias wrote:What is the most (pool) damage that can be done with 1 vote action, including modifiers?

The answer's not so hard, but fun.
Someone has a deck with 90 Thin-Blooded Seers, played them all, and I call Anarchist Uprising.
Well of course if you have 90 thins Blooded Seer, Anarchist Uprsing would be deadly - no kidding but I still do believe Reigns of Power is the best vote to do damage. You can still put 16 different discipline cards on Arika ;) 34 of on superior level.
Das Glück kommt zu denen, die lachen.

---
japanische Weisheit
the scavenger
Justicar
Justicar
VEKN Nr.:

Post by the scavenger »

Tobias wrote:
the scavenger wrote:
Tobias wrote:What is the most (pool) damage that can be done with 1 vote action, including modifiers?

Someone has a deck with 90 Thin-Blooded Seers, played them all, and I call Anarchist Uprising.

Business Pressure on any vote can make unlimited "pool loss" in an endless game where everybody has bloated, well, endlessly.

Someone has an infinite crypt (Well, choose any number. It's legal to play that many vampires). Yong Sun burned them all (it took a while...). Then someone calls Mark of the Damned.

sk.
Actually, in a tournament legal game, this isn't true, as White Wolf has not printed an infinite number of vampires. :)
Well, you could still have any arbitrary number x of vampires in your crypt. Just take x copies of Normal.

Okay, without infinite crypt tricks: How about someone has 90 Renegade Garous and the pool to bring them out (has the edge for, ahem, 423 turns). Someone calls Kindred Segregation, he wants to keep them, so it's 450 pool damage. :-)

sk.
Tobias
Seneschall
Seneschall
VEKN Nr.:

Post by Tobias »

Andreas Nusser wrote:
the scavenger wrote:

Well of course if you have 90 thins Blooded Seer, Anarchist Uprsing would be deadly - no kidding but I still do believe Reigns of Power is the best vote to do damage. You can still put 16 different discipline cards on Arika ;) 34 of on superior level.
The 90 thin-blooded seer is a good one though. The answer I was shooting for intially had 1 copy of each vampire in the game (699 vampires, -16 for advanced duplicated), and 449 arms dealers, for a pool loss of 1132.... distributed over all 5 people.

More tricky is the situation where Elder kindred network is involved (and some other cards). Possible pool loss then easily exceeds 5000...
Tobias
Seneschall
Seneschall
VEKN Nr.:

Post by Tobias »

the scavenger wrote:
Tobias wrote:
the scavenger wrote: Someone has a deck with 90 Thin-Blooded Seers, played them all, and I call Anarchist Uprising.

Business Pressure on any vote can make unlimited "pool loss" in an endless game where everybody has bloated, well, endlessly.

Someone has an infinite crypt (Well, choose any number. It's legal to play that many vampires). Yong Sun burned them all (it took a while...). Then someone calls Mark of the Damned.

sk.
Actually, in a tournament legal game, this isn't true, as White Wolf has not printed an infinite number of vampires. :)
Well, you could still have any arbitrary number x of vampires in your crypt. Just take x copies of Normal.

Okay, without infinite crypt tricks: How about someone has 90 Renegade Garous and the pool to bring them out (has the edge for, ahem, 423 turns). Someone calls Kindred Segregation, he wants to keep them, so it's 450 pool damage. :-)

sk.
I wonder how many copies of Normal there are in the world? ;)

And I love that Kindred segregation one. Of course, 90 Renegade Garou's is a lot to keep. There probably isn't even a cearn in the roleplaying game that's that big.

Poor Selena....
Michael
Archont
Archont
VEKN Nr.:

Post by Michael »

Tobias wrote:More tricky is the situation where Elder kindred network is involved (and some other cards). Possible pool loss then easily exceeds 5000...
This is as endless an many other things. If i have Alamut, some Assamites, a Ventrue and some hours of time, i can create any number of counters on the alamut via bleeds for 1, and then elder kindred network and burn all the counters for votes against ...

This is so futile, and yet it is fun :lol:
Michael
Archont
Archont
VEKN Nr.:

Post by Michael »

Tobias wrote: Of course, 90 Renegade Garou's is a lot to keep. There probably isn't even a cearn in the roleplaying game that's that big.
And you would need a bigger playing table than those we usually play ...
Michael
Archont
Archont
VEKN Nr.:

Post by Michael »

Tobias wrote:The 90 thin-blooded seer is a good one though. The answer I was shooting for intially had 1 copy of each vampire in the game (699 vampires, -16 for advanced duplicated), and 449 arms dealers, for a pool loss of 1132.... distributed over all 5 people.
Of course there are 2 vampires that are not unique and can exist in play as many times as you can get copies ... which makes that anarchist uprising more deadly yet. Not that it needs that ...
the scavenger
Justicar
Justicar
VEKN Nr.:

Post by the scavenger »

Andreas Nusser wrote:
the scavenger wrote:

I think the biggest vampire you can create is a (truly) Great Beast with all skills at superior (via skill cards and Sanguine Instruction). CI to some Camarilla clan, make a capacity increasing Praxis Seizure, and he's (no, not 66) a 57-cap. vampire.

sk.
the scavenger
Justicar
Justicar
VEKN Nr.:

Post by the scavenger »

the scavenger wrote:
Andreas Nusser wrote:
the scavenger wrote: Someone has a deck with 90 Thin-Blooded Seers, played them all, and I call Anarchist Uprising.
I think the biggest vampire you can create is a (truly) Great Beast with all skills at superior (via skill cards and Sanguine Instruction). CI to some Camarilla clan, make a capacity increasing Praxis Seizure, and he's (no, not 66) a 57-cap. vampire.

sk.
58, to be precise.

sk.
Michael
Archont
Archont
VEKN Nr.:

Post by Michael »

the scavenger wrote:
Andreas Nusser wrote:

sk.
Masika is a 10-cap, not a 9-cap, and also has only three sup disciplines, so he can get to 58 that way ... :-)

(or 59, if the beast can get to 58 as said above)

And Appolonius has CEL for pot PRE and is also a 10-cap, so the same as Masika ...
Last edited by Michael on 19 Dec 2003, 16:49, edited 1 time in total.
Tobias
Seneschall
Seneschall
VEKN Nr.:

Post by Tobias »

Michael wrote:
Tobias wrote:More tricky is the situation where Elder kindred network is involved (and some other cards). Possible pool loss then easily exceeds 5000...
This is as endless an many other things. If i have Alamut, some Assamites, a Ventrue and some hours of time, i can create any number of counters on the alamut via bleeds for 1, and then elder kindred network and burn all the counters for votes against ...

This is so futile, and yet it is fun :lol:
True...

I was just thinking of Mob Rule, with 1 copy of each vampire out. And they all voting against. But the non-unique vampires are a good way, sure.

And it's hard to think of different quiz questions without leaving loopholes for you creative B*st*rds.... :)
hardyrange
Vorsintflutlicher
Vorsintflutlicher
VEKN Nr.: 3820003

Post by hardyrange »

Tobias wrote:
Andreas Nusser wrote:
Tobias wrote: Elder kindred network? Business pressure?

T
Elder kindered Network was not allowed. He said "modifiers" not reactions. But of course Reigns of Power combined with Scorn of Adornis is better.
I know, I know, I was just referring to Hardy's example. Whether one of those cards was used for the 22.
Yes, Elder Kindred Network was one of the two cards, and Kindred Coercion the other.

A Methuselah with Ventrue used this combo to oust his prey, who played presence weenies, and at that time already had about 8 vamps out, who were all Princes.

During a political action one of the weenies played, the Ventrue player changed the votes of all the little Princes to votes of his choice (i.e., against the referendum), and due to the EKN, the weenie player lost 22 pool in total.

His reaction to this fell strike was exemplarys: He put his cards together, stood up, made a little bow, and shook hands with the Ventrue player, congratulating him for that fine move.
"It was a perfect plan - until it had contact with reality"
---
Hardy Range
Playgroup Tradition Compliance Manager
Tobias
Seneschall
Seneschall
VEKN Nr.:

Post by Tobias »

[quote="hardyrange]
His reaction to this fell strike was exemplarys: He put his cards together, stood up, made a little bow, and shook hands with the Ventrue player, congratulating him for that fine move.[/quote]

That's how the game should be played.