Anyone for pizza?

Hier kannst du Decks posten, die man normalerweise nicht auf ein Turnier mitnehmen würde. Sei kreativ!
Yorga
Ahn
Ahn
VEKN Nr.:

Anyone for pizza?

Post by Yorga »

Description: !Nos bleed/milling deck

Crypt
1x Old Neddacka 2 !Nos obf
1x Blister 3 !Nos obf pot
1x Tock 4 !Nos obf pot
1x Aaron Bathurst 4 !Nos obf pot
1x Frank Litzpar 5 !Nos OBF pot ani
2x Petra 5 Nos OBF ANI
1x Skidmark 5 !Nos OBF pot
1x Nails 5 !Nos obf POT ani
1x Greensleeves 7 !Nos OBF pot ANI
1x Teresita 7 !Nos OBF POT ANI
1x Tarbaby Jack 8 !Nos OBF POT ANI

Library: 90 cards
Masters ( 12 )

4x blood doll
2x Perfectionist
1x Shanty Town HG
1x Nosferatu Kingdom
1x The Hungry Coyote
1x Pentex Loves You!
1x Sunset Strip, Hollywood
1x Using the Advantage

Events ( 1 )
1x FBI Special Affairs Division

Actions ( 18 )
6x Vermin Channel
6x Feline Saboteur
3x Victim of Habit
2x Psychic Veil
1x Abbot

Allies ( 9 )
9x Courier

Equipment ( 5 )
2x Leather Jacket
2x Laptop Computer
1x Tapestry of blood

Retainers ( 4 )
2x Raven Spy
1x Tasha Morgan
1x J.S.Simmons

Action modifiers ( 24 )
6x Cloak the Gathering
5x Swallowed by the Night
4x Lost in Crowds
3x Dirty Little Secrets
3x Elder Impersonation
3x Veil the Legions

Combat ( 10 )
4x Behind You!
6x Thrown Sewer Lid

Reaction ( 7 )
3x Wake with Evening's Freshness
2x Confusion of the Eye
1x On the Qui Vive
1x Delaying Tactics

In short, I have 5 vamps with OBF ANI who can play the Feline Saboteurs. The rest are there for recruiting and stealth-bleed, with a token defence. The victim of habits are there so that the milling is actually able to help oust, rather than just be annoying ;)

Yes.. I know it needs Charisma. I'd also like to include a copy of Heidelberg... but I've run out.

I was thinking I might replace the Behind You! with fake out, and maybe add a few "ghouled" so my allies can fight a little...

Ed.
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
schweinebacke
Justicar
Justicar
VEKN Nr.: 3840004

Post by schweinebacke »

Eartshock or Carrion Crows would be better than the sewe lids. They are more flexible.

You could play manymany using the advantige (they are not unique) and maybe major boons and Archon investigation to cancel bleeds to save the edge for you.

The couriers have -1 intercept, so you seldomly will be able to use the NSA trio
Arbeiten Sie heute nicht fleißig, suchen Sie morgen fleißig nach Arbeit (Japanisches Sprichwort)
Maö
Prinz
Prinz
VEKN Nr.:

Post by Maö »

huh? verwechselst du das mit dem FBI?

NSA Trio
Type: Event
Government.
During the first combat between an acting vampire and a blocking vampire each turn, neither combatant may end combat as a strike in the first round. A Methuselah may use a discard phase action to burn this card if his or her minions attempted no actions in the current turn.

Rarity: KMW:R
"Nasenhaare ausreißen ist der SM des kleinen Mannes."
Johannes
Vorsintflutlicher
Vorsintflutlicher
VEKN Nr.:

Post by Johannes »

You have vampires around the mid-cap region and no way to recover pool except for 4 Blood Dolls. I assume this deck will die horribly to anything that can put up some pressure with a little stealth (alas ~80% of the decks out there).
V:TES online shop http://www.vtes.de
Yorga
Ahn
Ahn
VEKN Nr.:

Post by Yorga »

schweinebacke wrote:Eartshock or Carrion Crows would be better than the sewe lids. They are more flexible.
I dont think earthshock really fits here, I'd need to add ToV to recoup the cost, and I quickly run out of card slots. It's not a "fighty" deck, after all... The carrion crows might be a good call, I'll have to take another look at the crypt and see if the pure obf/ani approach would work better. Of course, the name fits better if a ghouled courier throws a "pizza" (lid) at you, hehe :)
schweinebacke wrote:You could play manymany using the advantige (they are not unique) and maybe major boons and Archon investigation to cancel bleeds to save the edge for you.
I always wanted to do just that, and I squeezed in as many as I could. The problem (as always) is card limit. What would you suggest cutting to fit in another few UtA's? Maybe go 5/5/5 with the vermin channels and saboteurs?

As to AI... it only helps against BIG bleeds, and doesn't help against politics. So I think I'll at least play the confusions for a while and see how it goes. Dummy Corp gets played a lot in cologne, so I wanted to avoid contesting that. Major boon is an option... I'll see how many spares I have and think about it :)
schweinebacke wrote: The couriers have -1 intercept, so you seldomly will be able to use the NSA trio
I assume you mean...
Yorga wrote:Events ( 1 )
1x FBI Special Affairs Division
Using it "seldomly" isn't a problem, as it burns after 4 uses anyway. It's main purpose is to discourage rushers from killing the more-or-less defenceless couriers - I don't generally intend to block with them, as they would die miserably.

Thanks for the comments :)
Thea Bell aka Johannes wrote:You have vampires around the mid-cap region and no way to recover pool except for 4 Blood Dolls. I assume this deck will die horribly to anything that can put up some pressure with a little stealth (alas ~80% of the decks out there).
You can assume all you want, but unless you'd like to make a constructive idea to improve I'm basically going to ignore you :P

Incidentally, 50% of the master slots result in pool-gain... and if you analyze the crypt, 1 in 3 is a 7/8 cap with ANI OBF. So (statistically) one of those should appear in my starting crypt (75% probability). The remaining vamps have an average cap of 4.2 which many would consider weenie, and I should have no probs affording 2 or 3 of them even against a relatively aggressive predator.

Besides, this is the "funky" decks forum, not the "tourney" decks forum. Even a deck that dies horribly can be funky ;)
Ed.
schweinebacke
Justicar
Justicar
VEKN Nr.: 3840004

Post by schweinebacke »

Maö wrote:huh? verwechselst du das mit dem FBI?

NSA Trio
Type: Event
Government.
During the first combat between an acting vampire and a blocking vampire each turn, neither combatant may end combat as a strike in the first round. A Methuselah may use a discard phase action to burn this card if his or her minions attempted no actions in the current turn.

Rarity: KMW:R
oups, wie recht du hast.

What about more Masetercards. 12 seem to be very few for a deck like this (low Cardflux etc.) You should add some Cardcyclers like Barrens or dreams. by the way, you can kick all of your Combat cards. Add some Swallowed by the night instead (more Toolbox). kick the FBI and the leather jacket.
You have so much small and desposible minions, so you can afford to loose some of them when you get rushed.
get some Perfectionists and some using the advantige
Arbeiten Sie heute nicht fleißig, suchen Sie morgen fleißig nach Arbeit (Japanisches Sprichwort)
Yorga
Ahn
Ahn
VEKN Nr.:

Post by Yorga »

schweinebacke wrote: What about more Masetercards. 12 seem to be very few for a deck like this (low Cardflux etc.) You should add some Cardcyclers like Barrens or dreams.
Why? I don't really foresee any cardflow problems... only 21 cards are stealth, and 5 of those double as maneuvers... or you disagree?
by the way, you can kick all of your Combat cards. Add some Swallowed by the night instead (more Toolbox).
<snip>
get some Perfectionists and some using the advantige
2x Perfectionist
1x Using the Advantage

you mean *more* of these cards instead of the combat, I assume? ;)
Ed.
Yorga
Ahn
Ahn
VEKN Nr.:

Post by Yorga »

Yorga wrote:
schweinebacke wrote:Eartshock or Carrion Crows would be better than the sewe lids. They are more flexible.
The carrion crows might be a good call, I'll have to take another look at the crypt and see if the pure obf/ani approach would work better.
Sadly, obf/ani just doesn't look feasible with weenie G4 vamps, or at least not the ones I have.

I've just realised I had a major misread of your "using the advantage" comment and was thinking of "victim of habit". I had completely missed that UtA is not unique... a very interesting point indeed! Thanks for that!
Ed.
Sven
Seneschall
Seneschall
VEKN Nr.:

Post by Sven »

Yorga wrote: Sadly, obf/ani just doesn't look feasible with weenie G4 vamps, or at least not the ones I have.
Group 2/3 is probably better for an obf/ani crypt. You could also try an Ani defensive combat-package:
Aid from Bats + a few Carrion Crows
In nocte consilium
Johannes
Vorsintflutlicher
Vorsintflutlicher
VEKN Nr.:

Post by Johannes »

Yorga wrote:
Thea Bell aka Johannes wrote:You have vampires around the mid-cap region and no way to recover pool except for 4 Blood Dolls. I assume this deck will die horribly to anything that can put up some pressure with a little stealth (alas ~80% of the decks out there).
You can assume all you want, but unless you'd like to make a constructive idea to improve I'm basically going to ignore you :P

Incidentally, 50% of the master slots result in pool-gain... and if you analyze the crypt, 1 in 3 is a 7/8 cap with ANI OBF. So (statistically) one of those should appear in my starting crypt (75% probability). The remaining vamps have an average cap of 4.2 which many would consider weenie, and I should have no probs affording 2 or 3 of them even against a relatively aggressive predator.

Besides, this is the "funky" decks forum, not the "tourney" decks forum. Even a deck that dies horribly can be funky ;)
Right. But a funky deck should still be able to win. Anyways, I would suggest the standard package against bleed for decks w/o access to bounce:
2x Archon Investigation
2x Dummy Coorp
2x Major Boon

Depending on meta drop one MB and add one more AI.
V:TES online shop http://www.vtes.de
Yorga
Ahn
Ahn
VEKN Nr.:

Post by Yorga »

ok... thanks for the ideas folks. I've put together a revised version... basically took out the "hit-back" combat and reworked the crypt a little.

Deck Name : Anyone for Pizza
Author : Ed Trollope
Description :
!Nos bleed/milling deck.
Crypt is divided into three groups: obf weenies, OBF support and ANI OBF saboteurs.

Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 2 max: 8 average: 4.75
2x Old Neddacka (2) :obf: Nosferatu antitribu (group 4)
2x Blister (3) :obf: Nosferatu antitribu (group 4)
2x Petra (5) :ANI: :OBF: Nosferatu (group 4)
1x Frank Litzpar (5) :OBF: :ani: Nosferatu antitribu (group 4)
1x Luc (5) :OBF: Malkavian antitribu (group 4)
1x Skidmark (5) :OBF: Nosferatu antitribu (group 4)
1x Greensleeves (7) :ANI: :OBF: priscus Nosferatu antitribu (group 4)
1x Teresita, The Godmother (7) :ANI: :OBF: Nosferatu antitribu (group 3)
1x Tarbaby Jack (8 ) :ANI: :OBF: Nosferatu antitribu (group 3)

Library [90 cards]

Master [15]
4x Blood Doll
2x Perfectionist
1x Archon Investigation
1x Dummy Corporation
1x Heidelberg Castle, Germany
1x Hungry Coyote, The
1x Nosferatu Kingdom
1x Pentex(TM) Loves You!
1x Shanty Town Hunting Ground
1x Sunset Strip, Hollywood
1x Using the Advantage

Action [20]
6x Feline Saboteur
6x Vermin Channel
3x Victim of Habit
2x Psychic Veil
1x Abbot
1x Aranthebes, The Immortal
1x Arson

Ally [9]
9x Courier

Equipment [4]
2x Laptop Computer
1x Sport Bike
1x Tapestry of Blood

Retainer [2]
1x J. S. Simmons, Esq.
1x Tasha Morgan

Action Modifier [21]
8x Cloak the Gathering
4x Lost in Crowds
3x Dirty Little Secrets
3x Elder Impersonation
3x Veil the Legions

Action Modifier/Combat [5]

Combat [6]
6x Dodge

Reaction [8]
3x Confusion of the Eye
1x Delaying Tactics
1x On the Qui Vive
3x Wake with Evening's Freshness

Crafted with : Anarch Revolt Deck Builder. [Sun Aug 26 23:20:16 2007]
Ed.