à Paris

Warst du auf einem Turnier und hast Besonderes erlebt - oder gar gewonnen? Hier herein mit der Schilderung

Moderator: hardyrange

Rudolf
Vorsintflutlicher
Vorsintflutlicher
VEKN Nr.: 5810002

à Paris

Post by Rudolf »

Hallo Leute,

ich habe mich nach Paris gewagt ...

Auf dem Last-Chance-Qualifier fuer die die French Nationals gestern (Samstag) konnte ich mit 5 VPs, aber keinem GW den Cut nicht schaffen ... :?

Heute auf dem First-Chance-Qualifier lief es fuer mich aber umso besser:
Mit 2 GW und 7 VPs Top-Seed in die Finals -- und mit 3 VP und GW gewonnen! :mrgreen:

»Wir sind im Auftrag des Herrn unterwegs.«
--------------------------------------------------------
National Coordinator Germany
nc [dot] germany [at] magenta [dot] de

hardyrange
Vorsintflutlicher
Vorsintflutlicher
VEKN Nr.: 3820003

Re: à Paris

Post by hardyrange »

Herzlichen Glückwunsch, Rudolf!
Darf man fragen, was Du gespielt hast?
"It was a perfect plan - until it had contact with reality"
---
Hardy Range
Playgroup Tradition Compliance Manager
Rudolf
Vorsintflutlicher
Vorsintflutlicher

Post by Rudolf »

Ja, klar: ein Lutz-Deck mit Maris Streck, Rachel Brandywine und Tryphosa (sowie Louhi, Gravitnir und Orlando Oriundus als Nebenvampiren).
72 Library-Karten. Deckliste folgt (bin noch auf dem Heimweg).
Und einem Bericht über die beiden Vorrunden und das Finale gibt's hoffentlich auch bald ... :wink:

ghost of extrala
Justicar
Justicar
VEKN Nr.:

Post by ghost of extrala »

Cool. Thumbs up!
Luck is not a factor.
Hope is not a strategy.
Fear is not an option.
Vorsintflutlicher
Vorsintflutlicher
VEKN Nr.: 1000565

Post by Männele »

:juhu:
Ich habe noch nie etwas vergessen. Das wüsste ich.
Rudolf
Vorsintflutlicher
Vorsintflutlicher

Post by Rudolf »

Dankeschön !!

Hier geht's erst einmal zum Deck ... :arrow: http://forum.vekn.de/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6828 :wink:

sharp
Prinz
Prinz
VEKN Nr.:

Post by sharp »

Super :happybirthday: Glückwunsch :party:
Rudolf
Vorsintflutlicher
Vorsintflutlicher

Post by Rudolf »

Nochmal danke! 8)

So, hier nun eine extrem verknappte Darstellung der Ereignisse -- und leider auf (vermutlich nicht so dollem) Englisch, aus Zeitgründen ... Dennoch viel Spaß!
(Ach so: Weil ich keinen Archon vorliegen habe, muss ich leider (derzeit noch) auf die Spielernamen verzichten.)

Table 1 – Tryphosa, Prince of Rome
Euro Brujah > me > Ur-Shulgi & Thetmes Multi Action Bleed > Giovanni Shamblers > Vignes Tap & Bleed

My only prince/justicar was Tryphosa (Prince of Rome, you already realize the upcoming drama), so I influenced on her first. When my predator influenced out Constanza, I solved the immediate problem with a Pentex on her. Tryphosa entered the game, and then I realized: My predator was in BIG trouble against Vignes and his fellows, and I would not be able to call Parity Shift or pass any votes.
So Ur-Shulgi, later followed up by Thetmes, could do whatever he wanted to. The Giovanni were in trouble quickly, because Deflection could be cancelled by Blood Awakening. The Shambling Hordes with Unmasking intercept were helpless blockers too. Vignes, supported by two Anarch Troublemakers in the row, started the bleeding machine, and even Dónal could not prevent my predator being ousted.
So no more title contest, and Lutz at Tryphosa’s side. Plus, the Ventrue were troubled by the Shamblers, so I had little pressure. The Assamites (Enkil Cog) bled for their lives, but could be stopped by the Giovanni through a Pentex, Shamblers, and a deal with me.
The Malkavian would do no harm on the Giovanni until they ousted the Ventrue. I waited for Ancilla Empowerment or Anarchist Uprising. The Ventrue were “alive” with 3 pool and 2 minions, when I had the solution for all my problems in my hand: KRC and Ancilla Empowerment. All Giovanni, and all allies (even Carlton) were tapped. So I played the KRC 2 and 2, and finished the game with the Ancilla Empowerment, thus honouring the deal in Malkavian style.

Table 2 – Maris missing Lutz
Me > Nangila and Enkidu Rush > Euro Brujah > Vignes Tap & Bleed > Ventrue G12 Tap & Bleed

Maris, Tryphosa, Rachel, but no Lutz. Information Highway turn 1, so I almost automatically influence on Maris. A mistake, as soon as I realise that Nangila Were will be my prey’s first vampire. But luck is a Malkavian Lady, and my grand-prey plays Pentex on Nangila. Smaller vampires pop up everywhere else.
With Wider View, I find Lutz, so I know I will have him in play turn 4! Perfect defence with Mental Maze AND Banishment on my hand. Sadly no Parity Shift shows up, but that is a minor problem, since my predator is already in a defensive mood because of Vignes & Co.
My prey’s Enkidu of course IS a problem.
Solved by another Pentex, and guarded by 3 other players, who believe in Lutz and his girlfriends being a better evil than Enkidu. Plus, my predator offers me a “If you have 3 VPs, I get the other 2 VPs” deal. Eternal peace. I oust my prey by banishing two of the three of my grand-preys vampires. My predator does not stand the Vignes test, nor does my new prey stand the Lutz test (Tryphosa’s bleed special text helps). Vignes is helpless and resigns.

Final Table – Rachel Brandywine and the Malkavian Lady (= luck)
Nangila & Enkidu > Vignes
Nangila & Enkidu > Giovanni Shamblers > Vignes
Nangila & Enkidu > Giovanni Shamblers > Ur-Shulgi & Thetmes Multi Action Bleed > Vignes
Nangila & Enkidu > Giovanni Shamblers > me > Ur-Shulgi & Thetmes Multi Action Bleed > Vignes

Having the Shamblers as my predator and hopefully controlling Mr. 2nd Seed appeared to be the best place for me.
Rachel, Lutz, and Orlando in the uncontrolled region look nice. Zillah’s Valley in my starting hand. But I am the one who starts the round, so first vampire in round 3. My prey plays Information Highway, and runs away. Plays Alamut, and can block my voting power. Bad luck.
My grand-prey influences only Vignes into the game, because of his special. Grand-predator starts with an imbued, and then brings out Nangila. He dies after 31 minutes, because the Assamites push to much by bleeding to (re)fill the Alamut.
The Giovanni build up, steadily. Bleeding from time to time, but not for too much. Still, no hope for me. I survive due to my prey praying for reasonable bleeds. To take a bleed for 1 when on 9 pool is better than a bleed for 6. Then Vignes strikes again. 65 minutes played.
My prey and I realise that we have to cooperate to have a chance for “our” gamewin. Voting against my predator does small collateral damage to my prey, but does not empty the Alamut.
One of Vignes’ friends Govern-bleeds, Lutz awakes and tries to block (intending to play Mental Maze), but is helpless against a Daring the Dawn. No block. Conditioning. My Enemy’s Enemy to pass the bleed to my prey, who is tapped out. No wake. 1 VP for me. Vignes on 6 pool. Bleed by Lutz, Kindred Spirit bleed by Rachel. 3 VP and the gamewin. One luckily bounced bleed for 6 ... :mrgreen: