Vorsintflutlicher
Vorsintflutlicher
VEKN Nr.: 3820003

Turnierbericht Unholy X-Mas Bochum

Post by hardyrange »

Hier habt ihr noch einen nachgeschobenen Turnier-Bericht von Robert himself:
Skaffen wrote: Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 17:20:24 +0300
Subject: Report from "Unholy Xmas"

For your entertainment, here's what I can remember from the "Unholy Xmas" tournament in Bochum, Dec 23.

I played my "Earth Covers Earth" Mirembe wall deck, fearing stealth bleed galore but ending up quite lucky with my table. The tournament was 2R + F. 25 players took part, most of them unknown to me, so names might be wrong or are missing.

First round:

Guy 1, !Nos rush deck
Guy 2, FoS stealth bleed
me, "Eart Covers Earth"
Hardy Range, Ahrimanes toolbox, rush-heavy
Martin Schuhmacher, Melisande-based Intercept-Gun deck

I have a good start with Chandler getting Tasha Morgan and landing a few bleeds against Hardy. Mirembe and Camille come out as well, I play Shadow of the Beast with all of them. Bring a Garou and negotiate with Hardy that he's only there to stop the FoS - which he does, helped by the !Nos rushes. I put a Temptation on Cynthia (?), Hardy is getting low with influencing out three minions (Howler among them) and my slow, steady bleeds. His rushes backwards are met with Earth Melds, so he seeks his fortune in going forward. Martin suffers, but attrition is high on both sides - Howler goes away, Melisande and Jessica are low on blood. After the FoS guy is neutralized, I play Smiling Jack. Martin puts a Haven on Camille. Next turn I steal Cynthia and oust Hardy. Martin is at 2 pool. Camille tries to get rid of the Haven, and lo and behold - Martin doesn't wake Melisande with the gun, just blocks with Jessica. Earth Meld to untap, then Garou attacks Jessica. Martin conceals a Magnum, ousting himself (he would die now anyway to Jack). At this point I deal with the !Nos guy, giving him two VPs - he seems to have no or only a few Immortal Grapples and even less maneuvers against my Shadow of the Beasts.

Second round:

(No idea who went first...)

me, "Eart Covers Earth"
Alain Sarti (I think), Tremere toolbox
some other guy with another Tremere deck
Patrick Rueger, !Tor Embrace
another guy with !Nos

This game I have no pressure on my back as the !Nos guy puts all his efforts into defending aganist the !Tor hordes. I tempt one of the Embraces, it ends in torpor. At this point a dubious deal is proposed by Patrick, 2/3 with his predator. I call the judge and it's declared illegal. Again I bring a Garou, block pool-gaining Governs by my prey and bleed him slowly. Form of Corruption is in play. The Tremere beat each other up pretty badly, which forces my prey to influence out more minions. By this time the !Nos finally gives in, Patrick scores the first VP. Now I oust Alain by using the Form on his torporized Sarah Cobbler and bleed away the rest of his pool. Garou makes wet spots out of !Tor, Patrick proposes a deal: 3 for me, 2 for him. I accept. While I oust the second Tremere guy, Patrick rebuilds. Garou goes away to a Kindred Segregation, which is really bad for me. I oust the Tremere, but Patrick breaks the deal. Smiling Jack and Aranthebes enter play, Patrick concentrates in Aranthebes, paying Jack in pool. We both get low, but I fend off the worst. Patrick almost runs out of cards and proposes to reinstate the deal. Done, second GW.

I am second-seated for the final, there's a Maris Streck deck having 2 and 7. I think that player - Zabal Oses Ignacio, called Iggy - made a grave seating mistake. Here's the order: Hardy and Sascha Mueller (Malk S+B) sit first. Patrick Rueger sits as the predator of the stealth-bleeder (sensible). I sit as Patrick's predator, to keep him in control, knowing that I am save against Hardy's combat. Iggy sits as Hardy's predator - so he has a rush deck in front of him and a stealth-bleeder behind...

He's the first to be ousted. I take a risk in the opening stages, bringing again a Garou without having any intercept on the table. Hardy doesn't want Patrick to go amok, so he's fine with that, and the Garou puts Greta down without any Entrancement coming my way. So I neutralize Patrick, which gives the Sascha room to oust Iggy who took a severe beating by Howler & Co. before. Now the dealing begins. Patrick wants 1 VP for ousting the Malk and would concede afterwards. I say okay and deal a mutual withdrawal with Hardy as well - he doesn't have the means to oust me, so it's all he can get. Garou rushes the Malks, !Tor oust them. I continue bleeding Patrick to keep his pool level in an honest region, of course he doesn't concede afterwards, but is not able to oust Hardy-of-the-many-untaps and dies to me. I honour the deal and win the final with 2 VPs.

Skaffen

"It was a perfect plan - until it had contact with reality"
---
Hardy Range
Playgroup Tradition Compliance Manager