Silence! I kill you!

Turnierfähige Decks zu bauen, braucht Zeit und Erfahrung. Poste hier dein Deck, um konstruktive Kritik und Verbesserungsvorschläge zu erhalten.
Yorga
Ahn
Ahn
VEKN Nr.:

Silence! I kill you!

Post by Yorga »

This is the deck I had in Utrecht last weekend, for anybody who cares :)

Deck Name : Silence! I kill you!
Author : Ed Trollope
Description :
Fairly standard Tariq star deck with AUS cel obf support.

Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 3 max: 7 average: 5.5
4x Tariq, The Silent (7) :AUS: :FOR: :OBF: :QUI: :cel: Assamite (group 2)
2x Tariq, The Silent Adv (7) :AUS: :FOR: :OBF: :QUI: :cel: Assamite (group 2)
2x Zoe (3) :AUS: :cel: :obf: Malkavian (group 2)
1x Cristos Mantigo (5) :aus: :cel: :dom: :obf: :pre: Toreador antitribu (group 3)
1x Kisha Bhimji (5) :AUS: :cel: :obf: :pot: magaji Osebo (group 3)
1x Victoria (5) :AUS: :cel: :obf: Malkavian (group 2)
1x Max Lowell (3) :cel: :obf: Gangrel antitribu (group 2)

Library [90 cards]

Master [8]
4x Blood Doll
1x Celerity
1x Depravity
1x Secure Haven
1x Tension in the Ranks

Action [2]
1x Epiphany
1x Loss

Action Modifier [16]
5x Forced March
5x Freak Drive
3x Hidden Lurker
3x Mask of a Thousand Faces

Action Modifier/Combat [5]
5x Draught of the Soul

Combat [35]
9x Amaranth
4x Behind You!
8x Disguised Weapon
8x Shadow Feint
6x Unflinching Persistence

Equipment [9]
1x IR Goggles
1x Ivory Bow
3x Rowan Ring
4x Starshell Grenade Launcher

Reaction [15]
5x Black Sunrise
4x Quicken Sight
6x Telepathic Misdirection

Crafted with : Anarch Revolt Deck Builder. [Fri Feb 29 11:57:05 2008]

There are some changes I want to make straight away - I never drew into the depravity, but if I had done it would've been a waste of time anyway. I'll replace it with a Monster.

Secondly, Max was a mistake. I'll put in a copy of The Colonel (when I finally have one) and maybe swap one Zoe for another Cristos Mantiago - his special has proved useful every time I've had him in play.

I'd like to crowbar in some psyche! or Telepathic Trackings, but I've no idea what to drop. One option is to use Shakar for Tariq (extra rush is as good as a psyche against S:CE and better against weenie decks) but of course Psyche protects against Rötschreck too...

Suggestions welcome :)

Ed.
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
the scavenger
Justicar
Justicar
VEKN Nr.:

Re: Silence! I kill you!

Post by the scavenger »

You seem to have an awful lot of untap for being able to rush just once per turn through Tariq's inbuilt ability - so Shakar might be good (depending on how often you manage to get the Advanced version out or merge him). Anyway, usually I'd be tempted to keep him unmerged until after the first kill, to get that CEL on him more easily.

I'd drop some of the Freaks/Forceds for Psyches - about six should do the job. A couple of Shadow Feints might go as well.

Even with PTO gone it is a superstar deck - so Yoruba might be worth it to protect against SensDep or rushing allies.

Carlton seems like a must as well, he doesn't like diablerists unless employed in their service...

Why no Sengir instead of one of the Starshells? Why that many Starshells anyway - they're cool as plan B when Big T gets outmaneuvered, but somewhat useless for the rest of the crew (yeah, I see the Behind Yous, but those should be more prevention for Tariq IMHO).

Finally I'd be tempted to include a Dreams or two - to cycle to the Rings a.s.a.p. and flush out unneeded Disguiseds etc.

My 2 cents

sk.
"We will do better to expect that life will not provide the answers we need so much as it will offer the privilege of improving our questions." (Norman Mailer)
Erol
Inconnu
Inconnu
VEKN Nr.:

Post by Erol »

How about some Permacept like the Bowl and Sportbike.
Be as smart as you can, but remember that it is always better to be wise than to be smart. (Alan Alda)
Irratonalys
Prinz
Prinz
VEKN Nr.:

Post by Irratonalys »

add one atonement , you can play it before you merge tariq , and then hell be a pretty sick blocker ^^
Männele
Vorsintflutlicher
Vorsintflutlicher
VEKN Nr.: 1000565

Post by Männele »

Irratonalys wrote:add one atonement , you can play it before you merge tariq , and then hell be a pretty sick blocker ^^
Not a bad idea, but it's risky. After the atonement you sitting there with just one blood. I don't know. OTOH having done the trick, having blood, being merged is great indeed.
Ich habe noch nie etwas vergessen. Das wüsste ich.
schweinebacke
Justicar
Justicar
VEKN Nr.: 3840004

Post by schweinebacke »

masochism
Arbeiten Sie heute nicht fleißig, suchen Sie morgen fleißig nach Arbeit (Japanisches Sprichwort)
Yorga
Ahn
Ahn
VEKN Nr.:

Re: Silence! I kill you!

Post by Yorga »

Hey guys, thanks for the ideas :) It's really easy to find extra cards I can add... the hard part is finding something to take out to make the room without leaving a big whole in the deck!
the scavenger wrote:Why no Sengir instead of one of the Starshells? Why that many Starshells anyway - they're cool as plan B when Big T gets outmaneuvered, but somewhat useless for the rest of the crew (yeah, I see the Behind Yous, but those should be more prevention for Tariq IMHO).
Ah yeah, that was also a mistake. Originally, I had a sengir and 4 starshells (4 close range, 4 long range) but no ivory bow because I didn't own one. When I finally got a copy, I swapped out the dagger instead of a starshell. I like the added extra ability (-1 stealth) of the starshell which tends to get overlooked, too. I also had more maneuvres before the version I posted here, which now that I look again might be too low.
Irratonalys wrote:add one atonement , you can play it before you merge tariq , and then hell be a pretty sick blocker ^^
yeah, Atonement was on my wish list too, though it's hard to use without regretting it afterwards. It's the card I swap in and out of decks the most, on the one hand I really want to have it, but I never want to pay for it :) One of the nice points in this deck is that if I dont draw it before I decide to merge Tariq, any of the others can play it too... so I'll put one back in. Black Sunrise becomes so much better if Tariq has Atonement, too!

So far...

-1 Max
+1 Colonel, The

-1 Zoe
+1 Cristos Mantiago

-1 depravity
+1 Monster

-1 Forced March
-1 Freak Drive
-2 Shadow Feint
+4 Psyche!

-2 Unflinching Persistence
+1 Behind You!
+1 Corporal reservoir

-1 Starshell
+1 Sengir

-1 Black Sunrise
+1 Atonement

-1 Disguised Weapon
+1 Carlton Van Wyk

Still on the wish list:
+1 Shakar
+2 Psyche!
+1 Yoruba (if I ever get a copy!)
+ cel/obf/perm maneuvres
Ed.
Johannes
Vorsintflutlicher
Vorsintflutlicher
VEKN Nr.:

Post by Johannes »

I tried Tariq on one of the ECQs last year and it was pretty bad since my two of my preys were ally decks and one was animalism. Is Tariq still viable with those allies all over the place?
V:TES online shop http://www.vtes.de
Yorga
Ahn
Ahn
VEKN Nr.:

Post by Yorga »

Johannes wrote:Is Tariq still viable with those allies all over the place?
Yes, I think so. Sure, allies are a pain in the butt, but they're not as bad as they could be. Here in Cologne we see shamblers and nephandus mages, but not so much imbued. Tariq's steal blood can't be reduced by nephandi, so with a psyche or so they still die. shamblers can hurt bad, but if they don't have enough maneuvres they're more annoying than anything... and of course the player still needs vampires to recruit them.

With recent additions to the ban list in mind, I don't think allies would discourage me from playing Tariq - he's too much fun.
Ed.
Maö
Prinz
Prinz
VEKN Nr.:

Post by Maö »

Does steal blood also work on allies even though it doesn't say "blood or life"? I keep forgetting this...
"Nasenhaare ausreißen ist der SM des kleinen Mannes."
bonzo
Archont
Archont
VEKN Nr.:

Post by bonzo »

It works :) Theft of Vitae does only say "steal blood" but works on allies too. So Tariq's special should work as well :)

Greetings,

Markus
Yorga
Ahn
Ahn
VEKN Nr.:

Post by Yorga »

Yes, it's in the rulebook under "strike effects" .. §6.4.5
Steal Blood. This effect moves blood counters (or life counters) from the target to the striking minion.
Ed.