Assamalk vote

Turnierfähige Decks zu bauen, braucht Zeit und Erfahrung. Poste hier dein Deck, um konstruktive Kritik und Verbesserungsvorschläge zu erhalten.
Tobias
Seneschall
Seneschall
VEKN Nr.:

Assamalk vote

Post by Tobias »

An Assamite/Malkavian version of a deck type I tried earlier (somewhat succesfully) - vote/rush. The previous version was Nosferatu with Beast - this one's a bit different.

The idea is to start with Tariq or Tegy, depending on the opening hand. Tariq needs a celerity master fast, so rush some week thing into the ground quickly.

After that, it's a combination of threatening talk and rushing strategically.

Not A-level, but the Nos version got me 2nd place in a tournament. The Nos version was built specifically to get maximum interaction with the table (votes and rush being a good way to do so, IMHO), so I could also just build this one as a traveldeck. Coincidentally, it's SL-legal.

Deck Name: Assamalk voterush
Created By: Tobias
Description:

Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 21, Max: 36, Avg: 7,25)
----------------------------------------------
2 Tegyrius AUS CEL FOR pre QUI 9, Assamite:2
3 Tegyrius AUS CEL FOR PRE QUI 9, Assamite:2, Justicar
4 Tariq AUS cel FOR OBF QUI 7, Assamite:2
1 Zoe AUS cel obf 3, Malkavian:2
1 Victoria AUS cel obf 5, Malkavian:2
1 Dancin' Dana AUS cel obf 6, Malkavian:1

Library: (90 cards)
-------------------
Master (16 cards)
1 Alamut
1 Asylum Hunting Ground
4 Blood Doll
1 Celerity
1 Dreams of the Sphinx
2 Fame
1 Gift of Experience
2 Minion Tap
1 Presence
1 Rack, The
1 Underworld Hunting Ground

Action (5 cards)
1 Aranthebes, The Immortal
2 Distraction
2 Third Tradition: Progeny, The (Or 4th, if you prefer)

Action Modifier (12 cards)
2 Awe
3 Bewitching Oration
3 Freak Drive
2 Telepathic Vote Counting
4 Voter Captivation

Political Action (14 cards)
2 Anathema
1 Ancient Influence
2 Conservative Agitation
1 Dramatic Upheaval
4 Kine Resources Contested
3 Parity Shift
1 Praxis Seizure: Istanbul

Reaction (6 cards)
6 Telepathic Misdirection

Combat (24 cards)
5 Amaranth
6 Disguised Weapon
8 Rolling with the Punches
5 Psyche!

Equipment (6 cards)
1 Assault Rifle
1 Improvised Flamethrower
1 Ivory Bow
3 Rowan Ring

Combo (7 cards)
2 Draught of the Soul
5 Swallowed by the Night

ijiro
Seneschall
Seneschall
VEKN Nr.:

Post by ijiro »

really cool ... i like the deck ...

but since you have AUS minions, why not use some precognizant mobility for extra rushes/votes/whatever :)
the scavenger
Justicar
Justicar
VEKN Nr.:

Re: Assamalk vote

Post by the scavenger »

Tobias wrote:An Assamite/Malkavian version of a deck type I tried earlier (somewhat succesfully) - vote/rush. The previous version was Nosferatu with Beast - this one's a bit different.

The idea is to start with Tariq or Tegy, depending on the opening hand. Tariq needs a celerity master fast, so rush some week thing into the ground quickly.
And pray that one of your five Amaranths is in your starting hand...
Tobias wrote:After that, it's a combination of threatening talk and rushing strategically.
Looks like fun to play, but is it efficient? IMHO this is two decks (Teggy merged and Tariq eats the world) rolled into one. The fun part is I guess to go with what your crypt and library offer at the moment, and as you said talk, talk, talk...

But: Tariq, combat monster that he can be, is fragile as well. Your combat is sort of prayerish - due to the nature of the deck, you don't have enough of everything, especially maneuvers and Psyche. And he's the linchpin of the whole threat scenario, everybody else has no rushes.

Also it lacks defense against many things, espcecially bleed and vote. Your only real, right here and in your face threat is Tariq, and from what I see here in the list I have my doubts that he'll be able to deliver whenever you need it. Your experience might tell different stories.

Cool idea though!

sk.
Tobias
Seneschall
Seneschall
VEKN Nr.:

Re: Assamalk vote

Post by Tobias »

the scavenger wrote:
Tobias wrote:An Assamite/Malkavian version of a deck type I tried earlier (somewhat succesfully) - vote/rush. The previous version was Nosferatu with Beast - this one's a bit different.

And pray that one of your five Amaranths is in your starting hand...
Tobias wrote:After that, it's a combination of threatening talk and rushing strategically.
Looks like fun to play, but is it efficient? IMHO this is two decks (Teggy merged and Tariq eats the world) rolled into one. The fun part is I guess to go with what your crypt and library offer at the moment, and as you said talk, talk, talk...

But: Tariq, combat monster that he can be, is fragile as well. Your combat is sort of prayerish - due to the nature of the deck, you don't have enough of everything, especially maneuvers and Psyche. And he's the linchpin of the whole threat scenario, everybody else has no rushes.

Also it lacks defense against many things, espcecially bleed and vote. Your only real, right here and in your face threat is Tariq, and from what I see here in the list I have my doubts that he'll be able to deliver whenever you need it. Your experience might tell different stories.

Cool idea though!

sk.
Obviously, any table that knows of the extra fragility of tariq in this deck can exploit it. But it is indeed 2 decks rolled into one. Any suggestion that will make the 'fit' better (combo cards, for instance), or will free up combat slots, will be much appreciated.

Another option might be to ignore the whole weapon angle, and just graft on potence. Increase the amount of rolling with the punches, add in 8 disarms and 8 unflincing persistence. Increase the amount of amaranth.

Ah well. If it's as much fun as the Nos deck, it will be good to play in casual games at least.
Tobias
Seneschall
Seneschall
VEKN Nr.:

Post by Tobias »

Oh, and for reference, this is the Nos deck (after tweaking)

Deck Name: traveldeck
Created By: Tobias
Description:

Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 25, Max: 30, Avg: 6,92)
----------------------------------------------
2 Selma the Repugnant ani for OBF POT 8, Nosferatu, Prince
1 Murat OBF POT ser 7, Nosferatu, Prince
1 Volker CEL pot 5, Brujah, Prince
2 Nikolaus Vermeulen ani for obf POT 7, Nosferatu, Prince
1 Rake aus cel pot PRE 6, Brujah, Prince
4 Beast ani cel OBF POT 7, Nosferatu Antitribu
1 Kendrick ANI aus obf POT 7, Nosferatu Antitribu, Priscus

Library: (90 cards)
-------------------
Master (17 cards)
1 Barrens, The
5 Blood Doll
1 Depravity
1 Direct Intervention
1 Dreams of the Sphinx
1 Fame
1 Guardian Angel
1 Haven Uncovered
1 Labyrinth, The
1 Protected Resources
3 Storm Sewers

Action (7 cards)
2 Army of Rats
1 Bum's Rush
4 Fourth Tradition: The Accounting, The

Political Action (14 cards)
2 Anathema
2 Archon
1 Dramatic Upheaval
1 Kindred Restructure
5 Kine Resources Contested
3 Parity Shift

Reaction (8 cards)
8 Second Tradition: Domain, The

Combat (41 cards)
1 Burning Wrath
3 Carrion Crows
1 Disarm
5 Drawing Out the Beast
8 Immortal Grapple
2 Increased Strength
2 Pushing the Limit
8 Taste of Vitae
5 Torn Signpost
6 Undead Strength

Retainer (1 cards)
1 Owl Companion

Equipment (2 cards)
2 Leather Jacket
Brujah
Ahn
Ahn
VEKN Nr.:

Post by Brujah »

How about some Shadow feint in the Deck, for first strike, in combination with the Ivory Bow or the Flame Thrower?
Therefor you could remove some rolling with the punches? Because no dodge on no counter strike. Problem is, that you really need Tariq to have CEL.
"Oderint dum metuant"
Tobias
Seneschall
Seneschall
VEKN Nr.:

Post by Tobias »

Brujah wrote:How about some Shadow feint in the Deck, for first strike, in combination with the Ivory Bow or the Flame Thrower?
Therefor you could remove some rolling with the punches? Because no dodge on no counter strike. Problem is, that you really need Tariq to have CEL.
First strike is worth almost nothing, IMHO. But it might be worth 1 or 2 slots.